Since it’s women’s month I want to write more stuff that concern women.
Me and my girlfriend eat out quite a bit, especially in winter (well coz hoodie life!). Sometimes we order the same dish and eat the same portion. We are both full. Everything is going swell. Only problem is I have 25+ kg on her, I burn 1000+ more calories than her and we are eating the same portion. She gains weight and I don’t.
Portions in most of the restaurant are meant for men. I will make a big generalization but most meals you eat out are pretty high calories, especially for women. When you go out to eat keep that in mind. Start to get into the habit of taking out. I have a friend keep insisting a day old food taste better, maybe he is onto something.
I’m pretty sure you heard these so many times but I want to remind you one more time;
- Portion control is the key to losing weight.
- Take your time when you are eating
- Drink water with your meal
- Get more protein in your meals (carbs doesn’t full you up for a long time, adding protein will keep you fuller longer also helps with your recovery, shaping your body, and getting stronger!)
- Vegetables, vegetables, vegetables.. Do I need to say more? If preparing them is annoying you, you can get big bag of washed vegetables from 盒马 (he ma) or head to family mart to get one of their salad boxes.
- Most importantly finish your meal when you are 80% full, not 100%.